- The recently launched Roadmap for Mining and Steel Sector draft regulations document in Nigeria by the Federal Government is intended to be presented at the International Forums for investor's inputs by giving international mining operators confidence on the operational guidelines in Nigeria as well as fast-tracking inflow of investments in to the sector.
- The federal government plans to integrate all activities in the country’s mining and steel sectors into the mainstream of the national economic framework, as part of efforts to diversify the country’s revenue base from oil and Gas.
- The intervention of the World Bank in the country’s Mining and Steel sector through the provision of a legal and regulatory framework for sector operations will inspired confidence in both local and foreign investors.
- World Bank assisted fund to Artisans Miners (currently running in 6 states) the fund is geared to procure equipments which will aid them in the exploration process
- Plans to Facilitate the private sector-driven development of the sector in ensuring the emergence of Nigeria as a leading and a global player by the year, 2020
- Plans to revitalize the entire steel sector for the operation and production of 3 million tones of liquid steel per annum by the year, 2015 and 12,2 million tones of liquid steel per annum by the year, 2020.
- Creation of sound environmental management by operators in the sector, improved local access to raw materials for infrastructural development and easy access to capital.
- Consolidating the transformation of the Federal Government from “Owner-Operator” to “Administrator-Regulator”.
Call now » +234 (0) 809 223 3488, +234 (0)803 617 2020