Anambra state was created on 27 August 1991 out of the old Anambra State is located in the South East Geo-Political Zone of Nigeria. The state capital is Awka/ It is one of the oldest settlements in Igboland established at the Centre of the Nri Civilization, which produced the earliest documented bronze works in Sub-Saharan Africa around 800 AD and was the cradle of Igbo civilization.
The State nicknamed “Land of Beauty” is second most densely populated in Nigeria and has the largest market (Onitsha) in Africa. Some important tourist attractions are; the Ogbunike Cave, Agulu Lake/Gully, Odinani Museum and Igbo Ukwu Archaeological Excavations.
Anambra State Snapshot
- Total land area: 4,865 Km2
- Capital: Awka
- Local Government Areas: 21 LGAs: Aguata, Awka North, Awka South, Anambra East, Anambra West, Anaocha, Ayamelum, Dunukofia, Ekwusigo, Idemili North, Idemili South, Ihiala, Njikoka, Nnewi North, Nnewi South, Ogbaru, Onitsha North, Onitsha South, Orumba North, Orumba South, Oyi.
- Population: 5,846,198 (Male- 2,981,561 and Female- 2,864,637)
- Vegetation: Tropical rainforest
- Major crops: Oil Palm, Rice, Citrus fruits, Maize, Cassava.
- Solid minerals: Kaolin, Limestone, Lead, Iron-Ore, Gypsum, Lignite.
There are four agricultural zones in Anambra state: Awka, Anambra, Aguata, and Onitsha.
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Auto components
- Light Manufacturing
For more information please visit: http://ansippa.ng