Delta State is in the South-South geo-political zone of Nigeria. It is also home to Warri, which is the most populous of its cities and is its economic nerve Centre. Delta State is an oil-producing state, and is one of the nine Niger-Delta states in Nigeria. The River Ethiope which is reputed to be the deepest inland waterway in Africa is sourced in and flows through Delta State. Delta State also has a thriving fishing industry.
The state nicknamed “the Big Heart” is the largest producer of petroleum products in the country.
Delta State Snapshot
- Total land area: 17,108 Km2
- Local Government Areas: 25 LGAs: Ethiope East, Ethiope West, Okpe, Sapele, Udu, Ughelli North, Ughelli South, Uvwie, Aniocha North, Aniocha South, Ika North East, Ikaa South, Ndokwa East, Ndokwa West, Oshimili North, Oshimili South, Ukwuani, Bomadi, Burutu, Isoko North, Isoko South, Patani, Warri North, Warri South and Warri South-West.
- Population: 6,037,667 (Male- 3,079,210 and Female- 2,958,457)
- Vegetation: Tropical Savannah and Mansoon.
- Major crops: Cassava, Rubber, Oil Palm, Cashew and Cocoa.
- Mineral Resources: Crude oil, Silica, Tar Sand, Clay and Limestone.
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing