Lagos State is located in the Southwestern geopolitical zone of Nigeria. It was created on the 27 May 1967. Lagos State spans the Guinea coast of the Atlantic Ocean for over 180km, located to the Republic of Benin on the West and Ogun state on the East.
Lagos State nicknamed “Center of Excellence” and its largest economy in the country, 5th largest in Africa and the 7th fastest growing city in the World.
Lagos State Snapshot
- Total land area: 3,671 Km2
- Capital: Ikeja
- Local Government Areas: 20 LGAs: Agege, Ajeromi Ifelodun Ajegunle, Alimosho, Amuwo Odofin, Apapa, Badagry, Epe, Ibeju-Lekki, Ifako Ijaye, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Kosofe, Lagos Island Isale-Eko, Lagos Mainland, Mushin, Ojo, Oshodi Isolo, Shomolu, and Surulere.
- Population: 13,380,098 (Male- 6,823,850 and Female- 6,556,248)
- Vegetation: Tropical Savannah.
- Major crops: Yam, Coconut, Oil Palm
- Solid minerals: Silica Sand, Bitumen and Clay
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing
For more information, please visit: http://www.lagosglobal.org