Yobe State is located in the North eastern geopolitical zone. The state was created on 27 August 1991. The state borders the Nigerian States of Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, and Jigawa. It also borders Diffa and Zinder Regions in the Republic of Niger.
It is an agrarian State with deposits of several mineral resources making it a potential area in agribusiness and mining.
The State is nicknamed “Pride of the Sahel”.
Yobe State Snapshot
- Total land area: 46,609 Km2
- Capital: Damaturu
- Local Government Areas: 17 LGAs: Bade, Bursari, Damaturu, Fika, Fune, Geidam, Gujba, Jakusko, Karasuwa, Machina, Nangere, Nguru, Potiskum, Tarmuwa, Yunusari, Yusufari.
- Population: 3,532,989 (Male- 1,801,824 and Female- 1,731,164)
- Vegetation: Sudan and Sahel Savannah
- Major crops: Sorghum, Millet, Groundnuts, Cowpeas, Maize, Sesame, Beef, Dairy, Livestock, Gum Arabic and Cotton.
- Solid minerals: Diatomite, Silica Sand, Gypsum and Clay.
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing